Common Natural Ingredients in Beauty & Skin Care Products
The beauty and health industries are booming, as we all wish to look our very best, and with many substances and compounds that are used in the manufacture of health and beauty products that are either toxic or harmful, people strive to find beauty products made solely with natural ingredients. Here are just a few of the natural ingredients that are often used to make beauty and skin care products.
- Coconut – Coconut oil has many beneficial qualities for our good health, and can be found in shampoos, conditioners, mask sheet (called แผ่น มาร์ค หน้า in Thailand) facial products and skin creams. Coconut oil soothes the skin, keeping it moist, as it also does with the hair, and it is known that swilling coconut oil in your mouth is good for oral hygiene.
- Honey – This amber liquid has been used for thousands of years as a skin nourisher and can be found in skin care products as well as shampoos. Honey is a main ingredient for facial masks, which remove dirt and grime and also nourish the skin, and skin creams are often blended with honey to moisturise the skin.
- Aloe Vera – Rich in Vitamin A & E, aloe vera is very good for the skin and can be found in many sun creams and serums to nourish the skin. Known for treating skin injuries, aloe vera also contains powerful antioxidants that inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- Collagen – Collagen in naturally produced by the body to aid new skin cell growth and many skin products contain collagen, particularly marine collagen, which boosts the skin’s ability to generate new skin cells. While we create collagen, adding collagen to skin care products gives the skin a boost of natural collagen, causing it to tighten and replenish.
- Flowers – The rose is often used as a scent, while the petals are made into essence that is used to make beauty products. Plants have very healthy qualities and some of these are good for the skin.
- Tea Tree Oil – A well-known treatment for acne, tea tree oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal and is regularly found in quality skin creams and lotions. Face masks incorporate tea tree oil as it cleanses and nourishes the skin, leaving it smooth and fresh looking.
- Argan Oil – This is very rich in Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and antioxidants, and is mainly used in anti-wrinkle creams, as well as for treating scar tissue. Argan oil is frequently found in sunburn products, as it accelerates healing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This contains high levels of acetic acid, which is really good for skin cleaning and killing off bacteria. Many scrubs contain apple cider vinegar, which is also good for you when ingested.
When you are looking online for beauty or skin care products, make sure to check that they are made with purely natural ingredients, as this will ensure that you will not be exposed to chemicals that could harm you. There are many online skin care stores that only sell naturally made products, and an online search will help you to locate such a supplier.